B-U-M-P Bump It Up!

Making a radio bumper is actually a lot more fun than I expected it to be! This assignment really pushed my creativity (like most assignments do in this class). I created my bumper using audacity, as well as sounds found on a freesound website. It took me a while to get everything to work the way I wanted, but I’m very pleased with how it turned out.

I started out with this music for the background. It sounded somewhat mysterious, which is what I wanted. I then put this on top of the background, and cut some of it out so it wasn’t too over powering. I also found some white noise directly on audacity which I used at one point.

Next I took a sentence from the themeĀ of Courage the Cowardly Dog. I used it 3x, and slowed it down a little bit each of the times, for dramatic effect. If you have never seen this show, it is beyond creepy in all sorts of ways. Lastly, I recorded my voice saying “for DS106 radio, made it deeper (since I have a highish pitched voice and that didn’t work to well for the feel that I wanted for the bumper), and then put it at the end of the bumper. All and all, it turned out well. I am still getting used to audacity, and I am trying to go more in depth as I continue to do different projects.

Here is the final result!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>